Just like the poor wifi reception on the New iPad, Apple support forum has been surrounded with complaints concerning the wi-fi iss strangely slow no matter of the network they join. You might be experiencing this pain too, but don't worry there is a workaround for the said problem, it works, and it's worth a try.
Fix poor Wi-Fi connection / reception on New iPad.
If your Wi-Fi reception is awful and give you bad times, then try this simple fix.
- Go to Settings and then General
- Click on Network, then click on Wi-Fi
- Tap the blue arrow next to the wireless router you are connected to
- So in then next screen, click on Forget this Network
- Now back to Wi-Fi, and join again the network you just forgot
In rare case the above steps still don't give you full reception, so try this steps too as the last effort:
- Go to Settings, tap General then Reset
- Click on Reset Network Settings
- Reboot your new iPad
- Now connect your new iPad to a wireless network again
- Resetting network preferences loses router passwords, be sure to have those handy beforehand.
This should fix the poor wifi reception on your new iPad. Hope it works for you.