Of course to utilize what OTA RootKeeper offers your Android device must already be rooted, or else it's pointless.
And one more thing, this has no a rooting ability. But it's good for backing up capability.
In overall this application is offering your device root a backup and an additional feature is temporary un-root to un-root your rooted device while keeping a su backup.
And don't worry, your root will not gone forever, as there is restore option in the app settings to bring it back. And OTA RootKeeper works on every rooted device.
- /system partition as Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4
- Upgrades not formatting or overwriting completely the whole partition.
- Nexus S
- Compatible with all the Honeycomb tablets
- HTC Desire
- Samsung Galaxy Spica
- Samsung Galaxy S
You can head over to Android Market to grab OTA RootKeeper application.
Recommended Android root tutorials:
- Root ASUS Transformer Prime On Android HoneyComb With NachoRoot
- Root Kindle Fire 6.2.1 With BurritoRoot Very Easy
- Install Or Flash Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM TouchWiz To Galaxy S II
- Root And Unlock Bootloader Galaxy Nexus With One Click.