And today I would like to elaborate the steps for you to follow and at the end, if you follow the steps correctly your Galaxy Nexus device will be unlockable, rootable and flashable! As it is advertised from the forum where this toolkit is introduced:
Unlocking, rooting, re-locking and un-rooting simplified!
It is because this toolkit is armed with all the necessary and must have files to root, unroot, unlock, lock your device and also flash it back to your existing stock! As the developer says he wants to make the rooting, unlocking process as simple as possible automatically.
However this Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit only for Galaxy Nexus based on Verizon network, thus won't work to other version. But the developer seems will make for GMS mode in the future.
1. Download the toolkit: GnexRootToolkit.sfx.exe file here, mirror 1 and mirror 2.
2. Click the file you have downloaded for extracting the content within under Program Files. And then start Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit.
3. You can then install the latest driver of your device by clicking on Drivers + SDK and the Android software development kit, this is a must do for further rooting and unlocking process.
4. Connect your Nexus device via USB.
5. Now you can Unlock or Root it using the button : Unlock + Root and then on-screen instructions will appear just follow what it says. The steps will take you to unlock your Galaxy Nexus's bootloader, or install SuperUser, root it and flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
Done and hope you managed to follow the steps above.
Download WIFI Tether For Galaxy Nexus On Verizon For Wifi Tethering Option
Via: Galaxy Nexus Forum.