Same case as the Native Facetime over iPhone 3G, it takes enabling process to make the feature activated for our use on iOS 5. The feature is there, yet it's turned OFF, thus this post will guide you through the process to turn the feature ON.
How to enable FaceTime of iPhone 3G running on iOS 5
- Jailbreak your iOS 5 using a Redsn0w, read the tutorial to jailbreak iOS 5 with Redsn0w 0.9.9b8.
- Navigate to path /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ by using iFile on iPhone or if you use Mac, iExplorer can be used as your machine file browser.
- Inside the path, find N90AP.plist and open that file.
- Now place the following key:
<key>3Gvenice</key>Place it right after <dict> in capabilities, see the following image as the example:
5. Finish and enjoy the iPhone 3G'S native FaceTime on your iOS 5 Devices -- iPhone 4s and iPad 2 excluded!