Step 1: You are going to need kernel for your Galaxy S II phone, therefore download from the following:
- Download: Base firmware I9100XWLP7 (UK, Eire): Download CF-Root v5.4 LP7
- And download: Base firmware I9100XWLP8 (Aus) Download CF-Root v5.4 LP7 (Works with LP8)
Step 2: Unzip the file you downloaded, and then disconnect your device from your computer if it's connected.
Step 3: Place Odin you find in the CF-Root package you have downloaded, then double-click on the .exe file to launch Odin.
Step 4: Now you need to hold down Volume Up and Volume Down buttons while connect your phone to computer, till a Download Mode screen appears.
Step 5: Your device will be detected by ODIN.
Step 6: Click on PDA and then choose CF-Root-SGS2_*-v5.3-CWM5.tar (the file from Step 1 you downloaded).
Step 7: Click Start.
Congratulation your Samsung Galaxy S II now is rooted and you can mod it anytime you see fit!
Hope this post useful and see you in the next posts!
- Root HTC One S On Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich For Windows, Mac, Linux.
- How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 (Root Samsung Galaxy SIII).
- How to root Android Samsung Galaxy Note.