The two folks from XDA developer, AdamOutler and Rebellos has brought a linux tool to solve your problem, namely Revision 37 of the UnBrickable Resurrector. And in this post I am sharing the how to guide to get your bootloaders back and to recover from Nexus S brick problem.
How to recover from Nexus S brick and get back bootloaders
Before diving into the tutorials, prepare yourself with these:
- As I said it's a Linux tool, thus make sure you have Ubuntu installed to your PC first. Therefore download Ubuntu from this link http://ubuntu.com/download
- Get Team Hummingmod's UnBrickable Resurrector R38 or newer from this Google code page: hummingbird...downloads/list
- Jave newest version, get it from this link- Java Installed.jsp
- In Ubuntu you've downloaded earlier, right-clicking on the UnBrickableResurrectorR38.jar, click properties>Permissions>"Allow executing file as program"
- Connect your Nexus S device
- Right-click on the resurrector, open with Java, and observe the following image.
- Now choose "S5PC110 (Nexus S) that appears on the drop down -- see the image above.
- Hit the Download Mode button. And enter your password, this will be asked by The resurrector to get the Linux device access.
- Therefore enter the password of yours, and followed by holding the proper key combination on your device to get the Fastboot or Download mode access.
Via: XDA forum.
Recommended readings about Google Nexus:
- Add Search And Menu Buttons On Galaxy Nexus (How To)
- Install Google Wallet To Verizon Galaxy Nexus Without Rooting