The process of rooting your LG myTouch won't take a whole day long, instead you won't realize that it's finished before you swallow the bread you are chewing now. Haha, now it's not that fast, however it's a simple process and fast. So, let's get going.
Root Android 2.3 based LG myTouch
- Download SuperOneClick 2.3.1.
- ADB installed.
- Firstly enable your USB debugging, here is the trip Settings > Applications > Development.
- Plug in your Lg myTouch to your computer and then run the terminal or the command prompt.
- Enter the commands (remember click enter after every line to make a new line)
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
- Execute the SuperOneClick you've downloaded in the first step, and followed by clicking the Root button in order to start the rooting process.
Via: Forum Android Central.