But before we dive into the steps, there are few notes you need to know that Sn0wbreeze will create custom firmware of iOS 5.1.1. With custom firmware you can also keep your device's baseband and this will benefit you to unlock your device using Ultrasn0w or Gevey SIM. Therefore if you wish to unlock your iPhone then Sn0wBreeze is yours.
And as for iPhone users that don't rely on unlock, you are recommended to use Absinthe 2.0.2 to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1. So let's get started.
How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5
- Downloads the following files:
- Once Sn0wbreeze-v2.9.5 zip is downloaded, then extract it to further exectute the sn0wbreeze-v2.9.5.exe file. Then click OK.
- Clik the the Next Arrow button on the lower right on your screen.
- Now click Browse forn an IPSW button.
- If you have not download iOS 5.1.1 IPSW file, then browser and select the download iOS 5.1.1 for your iPhone.
- Sn0wbreeze will then verify and try to recognize the IPSW you've selected, then click the Arrow button.
- Choose Expert Mode now,
- Choose General, then click Next Arrow button again to continue
- Check mark Activate the iPhone [Hactivate] only if you do NOT have the official carrier SIM card;
- Click Next and Next againt
- Choose Build IPSW, again click the Next Arrow button.
- You will see Sn0wbreeze will build the custom iOS 5.1.1. While waiting for the process to be done, you are free to play PacMan or no thanks I'll stick with the spinner, your call.
- A message will appear telling you that a custom IPSW will be located on your desktop like this:
Done! Sn0wbreeze seems to have successfully created your IPSW, this file will be located on your desktop
- Please press the Ok button below to follow the onscreen instructions to put your device in a restorable stale.
- Hold Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds, then release the Power button while keeping the Home button for about 10-30 seconds.
- Sn0wbreeze will then prompt you when your device is successfully entered into Pwned DFU state.
- Now launch iTunes, then Hold down the Option/Shift key and then click Restore button.
- Now browse to your dekstop to select the custom firmware we created previously.
- You will see that iTunes now is restoring the custom firmware (iOS 5.1.1) on your device. When the process is done, you should now have an untehtered jailbreak iPhone, iPad, iPod touch running on iOS 5.1.1.