Monday, April 16, 2012

Fix Error 1611: iPhone Could Not Be Restored Unknown Error Has Occurred

Do you meet Error 1611 when trying to restore your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G / 4G or iPad? Then here is the fix. Error 1611 appears followed with error message like this: "The iPhone "your device name" could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (error 1611)". Just like in the following picture.

Error 1611 iTunes

Fix Error 1611


Use one of the ways, try one first if it fails, then follow the second way.

1. Reboot your computer, then change the port of your USB.

2. Or, follow the instructions from the following video.


Hope one of the ways above fix Error 1611 you are currently experiencing while restoring your iOS device.

3 comments:

FOR ANYONE READING THIS,,,, I HAVE HAD AN ERROR OF PHONE BEEN STUCK IN RECOVERY MODE... IT WOULD NOT RESTORE VIA ITUNES. IT CAME UP WITH ERROR 1611..
I TRIED REINSTALLING ITUNES
STOP/START APPLE DEVICES ECT IN SERVICES
REMOVING ITUNES N ANYTHING REGARDIING APPLE
I TRIED REINSTALLING IT IN DFU MODE
DOING THE #GSAPPLE.COM IN HOSTS..
U NAMED IT I PROB TRIED IT, EACH AND EVERY NIGHT ! I HAVE HOWEVER FOUND NO WHERE ON THE WEB THAT IF YOU ARE STUCK IN RECOVERY MODE AND KEEP GETTING ERRROR 1611, THAT IT COULD BE THE BATTERY... I WISH I KNEW SOONER AS IT WAS MY FAULTY BATTERY... I PLUGGED IT INTO THE WALL SOCKET, LET IT CHARGE FOR 20 MINS, REMOVED IT FROM THE WALL AND IT THE SCREEN WAS STILL ON,... SO IF IT IS YOUR BATTERY... U WILL KNOW IMMEDIATLY AS WHEN U DISCONNECT THE PHONE FROM COMPUTER/WALL IT WILL SHUT OFF. WISHHHHHHHH I KNEW IT EARLIER!!! GOOD LUCK !!! ITUNES ALSO THEN RECOGNISED MY SERIAL NUMBER!!IT RESTORED NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!! GUESS WHEN I STUFFED THE LCD, IT FRIED THE BATTERY...

I wish the last comment was easier to understand.

Post a Comment