Since it is a simply personal or friend's request, thus this is not actually a public release to which "work 100% flawlessly" should not be expected. However, still you will get what you need like modifying your IPSW for both iPhone 4 and iPad 2 in order for baseband updating to the newest, and create IPSW using TinyUmbrella and makes iTunes restore to iOS version that you still keep the SHSH blobs safe and sound! As it's the number one requirement to download your iOS using this tool.
And TinyCFW for iPad 2 and iPhone 4 ONLY, it's neither jailbreak or unlocking tool, however using this tool in downgrading your tool will give access to the upcoming untethered jailbreak promised by Pod2G.
Enough for the preface, and let's get into the downgrading steps:
How to downgrade iOS 5 to iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4 and iPad 2 for Windows and MacRequirements:
- Currently it's only supporting iPhone 4 and iPad 2, other devices outside the two then back away.
- iOS 4.3.3 firmware.
- TinyUmbrella : Download it for Windows and Mac
- iTunes and you can download it from here
- A 2.5GB of RAM, so your netbook probably won’t suffice this time around.
1. Launch the application: for Windows execute the .exe file and for Mac double click on the .jar file.
2. Application Window will be appearing in this phase. Now look on the top button then click it, and then place the IPSW you have saved SHSH Blobs.
3. The detail information the selected .IPSW will be seen, like the version and its baseband, and if you click the second button you will see the baseband verison in the target .IPSW.
4. Now hit on "SAVE TARGET IPSW", and then let the TinyCFW do its job. It take few moments, until it's fully done, once it is then you will be seeing a file namely
5. Congratulation now you've downgraded your iOS 5 to iOS 4.3.3 or any firmware version. Hence you can launch iTunes to do the restoration to brings your iPad 2 or iPhone 4 firmware back to the iOS 4.3.3 version or other versions you have selected. And be sure your device in the DFU mode when performing the restoration, or else it will not work.