Restoring from backup it is a general task for iOS device owner, since iTunes never gets tired asking for backup restoration.
But once your iPhone is jailbroken using Redsn0w, some people experience problem in restoring their device to previous backup. And unable to fix it.
Fix Unable to restore iPhone from Backup after 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak
- Restore your device with iTunes.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10 b4, the latest version here: Windows or Mac.
- Jailbreak your device with Redsn0w.
- Once your iPhone is jailbroken, then install SAM, activate it to your iPhone. Here is a tutorial to activate iPhone with SAM.
- iTunes will then ask you -- after your iPhone is activated with SAM -- whether you want to restore from the earlier backup or make a new one.
Done. You have fix iPhone restoring problem.