At the time the Xoom was the first Android tablet featuring HoneyComb with primary and secondray camera for taking picture and video chatting.
And Motorola give a Motorola Xoom surprise by bringing Android 4.0.2 ICS update toward Motorola XOOM wi-fi. Nevertheless the update only for the members of Motorola feedback group.
This is truly a nice policy from the company but of course updating to wider range of Xoom devices will be more good news and expected. We can expect Motorola will do that.
If you are one of non-member that does not receive Android ICS update, I have a good news for you because you can update your existing Android OS with the most latest and awesome version in the line of Android series which is ICS OS.
But remember your device must be running a stock Xoom tablet. Downgrade to build version HTK75D if your device is currently modified, if not then no need to. And again remember this ICS update only for US Wi-Fi Xoom.
Download and install Official Android 4.0.3 ICS to Motorola XOOM.
- Download and saved the ICS update.
- Save the .zip file on a USB drive paired to your tablet with a host cable and then apply through the stock recovery (see below to put your device into recovery)
- Reboot the XOOM of yours and after about 3 seconds of the Motorola logo press volume down.
- On the top left of your screen device you will be seeing Android recovery. Press volume up to choose it.
- Once booted into recovery you should see an Android on screen and nothing else. To make the menu appear, press power and volume up simultaneously.
- How To Root Motorola XOOM.
- How To Unlock Motorola Xoom Bootloader For Roms Flashing Recovery.
- Install Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) To Motorola XOOM.
Via: Talk Android.