Words for cautious before going:
- 1. This unlocking will deprive your new XOOM. That means you will negate to upgrade to 4G LTE, however no confirmation on this yet.
- Your XOOM will be formatted and wiped out.
- This Motorola XOOM bootloader unlocking process takes adb.
What you need:
1. The newest version of Motorola USB drivers.
2. install the newest version of Android SDK.
- 1. Inside the Android SDK Tools folder, you need to open a command prompt.
*Don't select anything there but hold SHIFT+Right click – and choose “Open command window here.”
- Type this: adb reboot bootloader
- Now you will see that your XOOM will take reboot into the bootloader using “Starting Fastboot Protocol Support.”
- Now Type this: fastboot oem unlock
- Make sure to read the warning on XOOM's screen.
- Tap Volume Down to switch it to “Accept.”
- Now press Volume Up to actually “Accept.”
- After you have accepted, you will see that your XOOM will be unlocked and formatted.
- And now on to rooting instructions: How to Root the Motorola XOOM.
Once you have done the bootloader unclocking and rooting your Motorola, then you can continue install Android Ice Cream to your XOOM device.