Previously I informed about Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for Windows which is recently released also available for anyone to download. This tool can help you to jailbreak iPod touch 2g and iPhone 3G running on iOS 4.1, yet it will also update your baseband to the latest version as the consequence you will lose your unlocking ability you currently have.
So, it is recommended you to stay away from Redsn0w if unlock ability means a lot to you, or proceed if you are willing to take that risk.
Jailbreak iOS 4.1 iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G using Redsn0w on Windows
- Download iOS4.1 from this link
- Download iTunes 10.0.1 from this link
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b1
- Update your iOS
- Launch Redsn0w - > click on browse button to pick firmware you downloaded in the step 1 -> Click next.
- Select Cydia, the rest of the options are not mandatory, in other words they are totally optional.
- Turn off your iPhone 3G to connect it to your PC, and then hit on "Next" button
- It is time to put your iPhone into DFU mode by holding Power and Home at the same time about 10 seconds. Then, release the Power button but don't release the Home button till the instalation begin.
- Now wait, let the Redsn0w do the rest of the jobs till it's entirely finished, once it is, you iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 will be jailbroken after it's restart automatically.